Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ice cream makes everything better!

Ever since having a malt Friday night, I've been using ice cream to make other things.  And let me tell you, even though I'm sad I can't eat a burger right now, ice cream helps ease the "pain"! ;)  I'm sure those few pounds that I've lost, will slowly come back now that I've added ice cream to my eating routine.  The BEST recipe I've found yet is for an ice cream coffee drink. 

Here's what I used to make it:
1/2 cup strong coffee (cooled)
1/2 cup milk
4 scoops ice cream
Chocolate Syrup (probably 2 T)
malt powder

YUM.  If you want to make it more like a frappe, you can use less ice cream, and 1 cup or so of ice cubes.  Otherwise, it's very dessert-y.  Seriously, sooo good!!!

In other news, the elastics changings have been pretty easy.  My mom has been using her dental tools to help. I will need to learn how to do it on my own soon.  It has been great to brush my teeth, and my gums aren't even bloody!  Yay!  I did try to eat some really creamy guacamole yesterday(I had to use a baby spoon), but my mouth still has very little range of motion, and it was difficult to sneak in there, even with my elastics off.  Oh well, I did enjoy the little bit I did eat. 

Today I started to get more feeling back in my chin.  It's a subtle burning sensation.  So very strange.  But it was encouraging to feel a drop of dinner fall onto my chin.  Maybe I have less embarassing moments in my future than I imagined. 

Thanks everyone for your continued support and prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment