Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 5 - New Recipe, Normal Craziness, and more bruising

All in all, today has been good.  It has been a little crazy, which I'll explain later. My appetite is coming back more.  I even had the urge to research a jamba juice smoothie recipe to try out(Razzmatazz - my favorite).  Rich and Leeann are letting us borrrow their Vitamix (an amazing blender that even blends up seeds, apparently it's what they use at Jamba Juice).  So if any of y'all are curious, this is what I used(actually Marc made it!):

1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup raspberry sherbert
1 banana
1/2 cup mango/orange juice
1/2 cup frozen strawberries

Then blend it all together!  The recipe actually called for raspberries too, but they were expensive so, we just skipped them this time.  Though not super nutritious, it tasted good, and since I have to eat 6 - 8 small "meals" a day, it's nice to to add variety.  Before jaw surgery I would have thought I would have been okay eating ensure/slimfast/instant breakfast 6 times a day, but I guess I'm more of a foodie than I realized.  Marc bought some stuff for us to make some southwest concoction (with refried beans, salsa, cheese, sour cream, cilantro), and also a cheese and trees soup (broccoli, potatoes, cheese, milk, etc.).  Once I try those, I'll update how they tasted.  I can't wait til I can just eat some guacamole, even if I can't eat the chips! 

This morning, Marc had to be at church for about 3 hours, and my mom and I opted to just keep Lydia home, just to keep things simpler(so she didn't have to sit in the sound booth for a few hours with him).  Mid - morning, it hit me that I was hungry and feeling a little weary from lack of sustenance.  My mom started to make a smoothie for me, and the kids, when they saw the smoothie, being made, wanted some too.  As it turns out, we couldn't get the smoothie as thin as we needed it which was very frustrating(in hindsight we should have used non frozen bananas instead of frozen ones).  My mom, while trying to figure the syringe out, broke it ( we only have a couple), and then a few moments later, Lydia while drinking her smoothie, spilled it all over the floor and the wall.   It was a little crazy in that half an hour, but it soon got calmer.   Unfortunately later, Lydia threw up the smoothie in the bathtub.  Thankfully, she's since been acting fine since then, but the thought of having the flu going around here, makes me a little nervous.  So pray for a healthy household for us!!

I don't look at myself too much in the mirror, but according to Marc and my mom, my swelling is down a little.  My bruising is up, which you can see from the picture, though I don't really feel the bruises. 

I apologize if my writing is disjointed at all. I blame it on the pain meds. :)

Sorry for the self-portrait, all the other photos had drool visible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment