Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 4 - Tomato soup has never tasted so good

I feel like things are finally turning a corner. The skin on my face DOES feel like it's being pulled in a million directions but I'd take this over difficulty breathing, any day. I have a new compassion for people with asthma, emphysema or other disorders that make it hard to breathe.

Last night, Marc, my mom and Leeann made a chart indicating when I need to eat, drink, brush, rinse, take meds, etc. it has really helped me (and my mom) stay on top of things. There's actually a lot to remember!

Today I came to a point where I just could not drink anymore Ensure, Instant Breakfast, SlimFast. I tried some tomato soup and it was a nice change! I was worried about the acidity but it wasn't bad.

The drool is starting to kick in, but I'm not going anywhere so this is just a little annoying but nothing too bad.

Also I just received flowers from my surgeon AND dentists. Now that lifts a girl's spirits. :)

I'm very thankful to all my family, friends, church family who have loved on me and my family during this not so pleasant time by your prayers, kind words, meals, texts, emails, phone calls, etc. It really means a lot!

As you can see from the pic, the bruising has started, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment