Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 6 - A good nights sleep does the body good

Today was a really good day.  Last night was the first time since surgery I got longer than 4 hours of sleep, and it felt so good.  My speech is also getting clearer which makes things in general easier.

I tried a bunch of new things today, including:

Peanut butter chocolate banana smoothie (with slimfast, milk, yogurt, PB, and frozen banana)
Pureed mango salsa (salsa was brought by a friend yesterday, and I pureed it with some mango juice today, it was very refreshing, and even had a kick
Pureed Au Gratin potatoes (potatoes were bought as part of a meal today and they smelled so good, I pureed them with some milk - best thing I've eaten post-surgery!)
I also tried some Butternut Squash soup Marc got from Costco, which I wasn't crazy about mainly because of the flavor. 

I definitely ate well today! 

Feeling is slowly coming back into my face.  It all feels very strange.  It feels as though my lips are being contorted and twisted (more strange than painful of a feeling, though not exactly comfortable).  Swelling is down a little bit more. 

I did my hair for the first time and put my contacts in for the first time since surgery.  That definitely helped me feel more human.  However, when I was done, I was exhausted! 

All in all, I was encouraged by how good I felt today.  The next thing I look forward to is less drool, and more feeling in my chin.  I constantly "dribble" while eating (it's not easy eating through a syringe!), and I can't feel it so I don't know it's there.  I foresee embarassing moments in my future.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment