Tuesday, June 12, 2012

2 weeks post op

Today marks 2 weeks post op. Crazy! I'm 15% of the way to being able to eat a burger(can you tell I like burgers?!) My energy seems to be increasing, unless I have a night of bad sleep. By the 2 week mark, 80% of swelling is supposed to be down. From looking at my face I would guess that to be the case for me. I still feel swollen but to most people I'm sure I look "normal".

I'm finally mostly past the "drip drip" part of recovery. Aside from medication and thicker puréed soups, I can drink everything through an open cup. It WILL, however, make mealtimes significantly easier when I can drink (slurp) through a straw. Though my lips are still 70% numb so not sure how that will work. I tried to drink some "Cheese and Trees" soup from a coffee mug for dinner last night and it is not something I will try again unless I am all alone! :)

I'm a little discouraged with how numb my face is still, even though I know and have heard how long it can take to get the feeling back. I at least have have somewhat of a smile back. Seriously that makes being in public a little easier. I'm sure it weirds people out plenty that I look like a ventriloquist when I'm talking, lol! At least I can smile after I say "hello" to a stranger.

All in all I'm encouraged by how well I'm doing.

Thanks again to everyone for your prayers and support(not to mention all the meals and offers to help!).

No comments:

Post a Comment