Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 3 - Doctor appt, sleep, more swelling

I don't mean to be dramatic but this whole recovery thing has been a little bit more of a roller coaster than I expected. Yesterday was a very tough day until I went to the doctor. I was still having a lot of trouble breathing and Dr. Kallal cleaned out my nose (amazing feeling). He also removed the bands they had used to hold my jaw together after surgery. He later put some other thick rubber bands (called "chucks"). All in all I felt much better after appointment because I could finally BREATHE. In fact I have been very scared of suffocating that I hadn't really slept much. My eyes were so heavy I had no choice but to sleep on ride home from doc.

Dr. Kallal and all his assistants also commented on how good my swelling looked considering you peak at 72 hours and I had already hit this point. So I felt pretty good leaving the doctors office yesterday.

However later last night I had some nausea and the swelling got worse. Also pain has started to increase but I'm still only allowed pain meds every 4 hours. It's hard not to be a little disheartened. I try just to think about I can breathe and what a relief that is, and to focus on that. I did not get a picture yesterday but I already took one for today. Will try to update later tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, so sorry you have to go through this. I will continue praying for relief from pain and an overall quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete