Tuesday, June 5, 2012

1 week post op. Go go go - crash!

Today was a playgroup day and since I felt so good yesterday we thought we'd attempt it if I felt good this morning. Well I didn't feel very good but the kids woke up on the wrong side of the bed and needed a change in scenery, so we decided to go. It was a beautiful day at the park and I felt good sitting in the grass watching the kids play while being with friends. By the time we got home I was exhausted and have been camping out on the couch since! Apparently between yesterday and today I exerted a little bit too much energy. My mom suggested that this just may be the ebb and flow of things for a little bit and she's probably right.

I'm just glad I'm feeling as good as I am at times. Part of me wonders if having detoxed from coffee(not by choice!) has been good for my energy as well as finally being off of the muscle relaxer I've been on for the last 21 months. The muscle relaxer helped me sleep at night without clenching but also made me feel a little less awake all the time, which is frustrating. Anyways, it's nice to have a break from it. The doc said I may have to go back on it at some point if I'm still clenching. (I think he meant during the recovery period or until I'm out of braces). I'm hoping the clenching ends or that a full coverage mouth guard will do the trick.

My face is feeling especially strange today which I'm assuming is just feeling returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment