Tuesday, July 31, 2012

9 weeks post op

I'm continuing to eat foods.  I've had about 3 hamburgers in the past week(thank you Wendy's and Smashburger)!  I can't bite into them yet so I have to cut them into small bite-size pieces, but that's ok!  I still do some liquid meals as it's just easier, but it's nice to eat (chew) when I can.  Marc and I went camping with the kids this past weekend.  It was a little annoying to be away from modern conveniences (like my waterpik!), but next camping trip, I may just bring it with. 

I saw my orthodontist yesterday.  He shifted my elastics around a little bit.  He still can't do much since I have the splint in.  I'm really hoping that it can come out in two weeks, but I guess it's really holding my palate in place right now (it was expanded during surgery) and there's a high rebound chance, and they just want to allow it to heal properly and nicely.  He said I will still have a fair amount of orthodontic adjustments once the splint comes out.  I was afraid to ask what that meant, and hoping "fair amount" is still within the 6-9 months they expected.  We'll see. 

I haven't done any real exercising since surgery, but I decided I need to start somewhere so I'm doing a couple sets of push-ups a day now.  Baby steps.  :) 

During our camping trip I noticed a little more feeling coming back in my chin.  It felt tickly.  Sometimes it feels like small needles, other times tingly, but this time it was tickly. 

Besides the numbness and the splint, and just being out of shape, I feel pretty normal.  I've gotten pretty use to the elastics in my mouth, though at times I will forget they are there and try to stick a piece of food in and it will bounce back out.  But that's an easy fix ( I just take them out to eat and put new ones back in). 

Here's my pic for this week.  I actually took it yesterday.  My hair looks good (unlike right now!) though my chin kind of blends into my neck/chest due to the lighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment