Tuesday, July 3, 2012

5 Weeks Post Op

Wow, crazy to think it's been 5 weeks!!!!  Time has flown, yet in many ways gone very slowly too. I'm in WI for the week.   Then next week, I'm officially on my own!  Scary, but good too.   There is not much new to report.  I've been on the amitryptiline (muscle relaxer) and it has made me groggier.  I used my dad's pill cutter and cut a pill in half, and just took half a pill last night, to see how that would go.  I woke up a little less groggy, and clenched a little more than when I take a full pill.  I guess that was to be expected.  Not sure if I'll do that again, but it may be a good option for days when I need to be in full swing early. 

I have tried eating real food.  I tried some lasagna a friend made last week.  I didn't eat very much, and got a lot on my face, but it felt good to eat real food.  Also I've found that the center portions of buttery garlic bread are easy to swallow without chewing, as long as they are in small enough pieces.  YUM.   Today my mom and I made some Quinoa and Vegetable Chili.  I pureed some and it was pretty good!!  Find the recipe here.

My energy continues to be at a much better level than the first few weeks, though when I'm on own with the kids next week, I'll probably get a better idea of where it's actually at.  :) 

I'm starting to get a tiny bit of feeling (about 10%) in the right third of my lower lip.  Not much but good to be slowly getting feeling back.

That's all for now. 

Here's the weekly pic, and yes I'm wearing patriotic beads.


No comments:

Post a Comment