Wednesday, August 22, 2012

12 weeks post op

Wow! I can't believe it's been 12 weeks!

Yesterday I saw my orthodontist, Dr. W. They removed a ton of stuff from my mouth. I was able to floss for the first time in months! He said I look like a normal orthodontia patient again. I no longer have the huge surgical hooks all over. Yay!

I also no longer have to wear the rubber bands in the front of my mouth. I still have to wear two (tighter!) rubber bands but they are a little off to the side.

He estimated I'll be in braces another six months

He also said I can start biting into things like sandwiches (nothing really hard or crunchy). AND I can jog if I want to. All of these things were very exciting to hear!

As far as numbness, I still have a fair amount. Hoping as time goes on it continues to wear off more and more.

And here's my pic:

No comments:

Post a Comment